février 09, 2023
How to optimize a multi-line packaging for bakery products?
Our client, a leader in the industrial production of bakery products in North America, wanted to expand its plant, located in Ontario, by adding two new packaging lines, one for fresh bagels and another for frozen bagels.
Our teams have designed and integrated a custom solution from the exit of a tunnel oven to the packaging stations:
- Several sections of Mattop type food conveyor,
- Rejection system to detect bagels stuck together (agglomerates),
- Multi-lane aligning conveyor (4 lanes) to feed a 4-lane slicer,
- Metal detector to inspect bagels,
- Switch system for 2 lanes:
- Either to a bagging line for unfrozen bagels,
- Either to a line to freeze bagels thanks to the freezing spiral or to a bulk packing station for unfrozen bagels.
The client was thus able to optimize its multi-line packaging of fresh or frozen bagels, while maintaining good product quality, thanks to a flexible and automated solution.